URINARY TRACT INFECTION
(Bladder Infection, Kidney Infection, UTI)
Symptoms of a bladder infection/kidney infection/UTI:
- Burning, pain, or stinging when you urinate
- Difficulty urinating or urinating more than usual
- Lower abdominal pain below the belly button
- Lower back pain
- Fever, sweats, chills
- Nausea, possible vomiting
- Cloudy or bloody urine
If you have some of these symptoms, call your primary care doctor as you may have a urinary tract infection and your doctor may wish to call in some antibiotics.
- Pepto-Bismol may help with the nausea
- Cranberry juice cannot cure a UTI, but may help to keep it from getting worse while you are waiting for antibiotics.
If you get these infections often, some doctors will give you a prescription to keep with you in case you get a UTI. If that is the case, fill the prescription as soon as you have symptoms and let your doctor know during regular business hours.