HYPOGLYCEMIA (Low Blood Sugar)
- Check your blood sugar if you feel weak, dizzy, shaky, sweaty, or irritable.
2. If your blood sugar is below 60, then:
- Drink half a glass of fruit juice (orange, grape, apple, etc.)
- Take 15 grams of glucose tablets (usually 3 glucose tabs). These glucose tablets are sugar tablets and can be bought at most pharmacies.
- If you don’t have any of this with you, eat anything you have around you that has sugar (1 spoon of pure sugar, half of a chocolate bar, 2-3 pieces of hard candy, 15-20 M&M’s or jelly beans, etc.)
3. Wait 15 minutes.
4. Recheck your blood sugar.
5. Repeat process until your blood sugar is above 70.